100 Club Lottery
You've got to be in it to win it!
100 Club Lottery
The hundred club was originally instigated in 2009 when we lost our major sponsor, at the time our development plans and precarious finances necessitated the setting up of the 100 club. Since that time the lottery has contributed over £6000 to club funds and has been used to pay for junior coaches training courses and clubhouse improvements.
In 2016 the surplus is helping to fund the planned replacement of the Salts development pitch non turf surface and we hope that club members and parents of juniors will join the “100 Club” as a means of assisting, through their financial contribution, the provision and development of the facilities of the Club for everyone’s future enjoyment.
The Committee hope to build up the “100 Club” to raise even more funds for the club and it is for that reason that we need your support. For the modest contribution of £5 per month, you will not only be supporting the Club but also giving yourself a chance of winning a monthly prize.
The basic features of the Club Lottery are as follows:
• For a payment of £5 each month, you will be allocated a Draw Number which will be entered into a monthly draw with a maximum of 100 fellow supporters of Seaford Cricket Club
• Lottery income will be £6000 per year if 100 contributors take part
• Half the total proceeds will be allocated as prizes, totalling £3000 per year
• There will be a monthly draw with the following prizes (see notes 11 & 12 below):
• 1st monthly prize £100
• 2nd monthly prize £75
• 3rd monthly prize £50
• 4th monthly prize £25
We are convinced this is a popular way of raising money for the Club because of the good chances of winning one of the 48 prizes to be drawn each year and sharing the £3000 prize money.
Anyone can buy more than one Draw Number. Simply complete a Standing Order Instruction (attached), and send it to your bank.
Please return the attached 100 CLUB LOTTERY REGISTRATION FORM to me as quickly as possible so that we can perform the administration in time for the next draw.
100 Club Lottery Rules
The following will be the Club Lottery Rules:
1. The “100 Club” will be operated under The Gambling Act 2005, which deals with a Small Society Lottery. The promoter will be the Chairman, Seaford Cricket Club
2. The Club reserves the right to alter the Rules of the “100 Club” from time to time, as may be necessary. A copy of the current Rules will be available on our website:
3. All profits made by the “100 Club” will be used to support the Club and its objectives
4. The Lottery will be limited to 100 members of Seaford Cricket Club over the age of 16 years (but see also paragraph 12).
5. The subscription will be £5 per month, payable by Standing Order on the 1st day of each month (or annually in a single payment of £60, to be made before the 5th working day of May each year). On receipt of a single annual payment or a Standing Order form, the applicant will be allocated a Draw Number. For each additional £5 paid per month (or single annual payment of £60), an additional Draw Number will be allocated.
6. A draw will take place every month for cash prizes. Winners of prizes will be notified by post and the results of the draw will be open for inspection and published on our website.
7. 50% of the total annual subscriptions will be paid out in the form of cash prizes; for this purpose the “100 Club” year will run from 1st May to 30th April.
8. The draws will be conducted by 3 people, one of whom will be the Chairman of the Club (or in his absence the Vice Chairman).
9. No “100 Club” participant will be included in the draw if the appropriate subscription has not been received by the 5th working day of the month in which the draw is taking place. The promoter reserves the right to reallocate any Draw Number where payment has not been received on time.
10. Prizes will be paid by cheque which will be sent through the post and only to the person holding the winning number.
11. In the event of there being less than 100 participants, prizes shall be awarded on a pro rata basis of the actual number of members at the time of the draw.
12. In the event of there being more than 100 applications to join the “100 Club”, the Club will issue the required number of Draw Numbers to satisfy demand and prizes will be awarded on a pro rata basis of the actual number of members at the time of the draw.
13. Participants can cancel their entry in the Lottery at any time by giving one month’s written notice to the Treasurer (and if paying by Standing Order, they should inform their bank). Any decision by Seaford Cricket Club to wind up the “100 Club” will also be by one month’s written notice. Under no circumstances can any payments be refunded.